Gerald D. Bell, PH.D.
Founder and CEO of Bell Leadership Institute
- M.S. and Ph.D. from Yale University
- B.S. and M.S. from the University of Colorado Boulder
- Visiting professor at the Harvard Business School, Cornell, Stanford, McGill and the London School of Business
- Adjunct Professor at University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill’s Kenan-Flagler Business School
- Honoree of the Gerald D. Bell Distinguished Professorship in the Kenan-Flagler Business School
- Creator of leadership training used by more than 5,000 organizations around the world
- Author of The Achievers and co-author with Coach Dean Smith of the New York Times best seller, The Carolina Way
You are in good company when you listen to Dr. Bell teach. Thousands of leaders from around the world have experienced personal and professional growth by implementing his methods. Life-changing is the way most people describe the principles taught by Dr. Bell. His insights are formed by 50-plus years of research and a background in business and psychology. His creative thinking and personal style have earned him the reputation for being one of the highest rated resources on leadership in the United States and abroad. Whether addressing an audience of thousands or consulting one-on-one, Dr. Bell helps people identify needs and implement action plans that create dramatic change. He is a frequently requested speaker, trainer and consultant to leading companies, including Coca-Cola, Johnson and Johnson, Butterball, Cree, Argo Group, The Home Depot, Radio Flyer, The Orvis Company, Northwestern Mutual, SAS Institute and Duke Energy. In addition, Dr. Bell’s counsel has been sought for decades by both the Young Presidents’ Organization and Entrepreneurs’ Organization, indicating that his principles remain current yet timeless. While devoting his life to the mission of building world-class leaders, Dr. Bell enjoys spending time with his family, running marathons, golfing, fly fishing and collecting Western art.